Butler County Commissioners Building & Zoning Department
Agency: Butler County Commissioners Building & Zoning Department
Job Title: Master Plans Examiner
Classified: □ Unclassified: X
Bargaining Unit: Yes □ No X
Overtime Exempt: Yes X No □
Salary: $74,235.20-$105,476.80 per year
Work Location: 130 High St, Hamilton, OH 45011
Hours of Work: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M-F
(1) Under the supervision of the Building & Zoning Administrator, the Master Plans Examiner examines construction documents in accordance with the Ohio Building Code and the Residential Code of Ohio with Section 107, within the limits of their certification, to determine compliance with the rules of the board; and communicate the results of their plan review as designated by the building official.
(2) Examine all types of construction documents to determine compliance with the rules of the board within the limits of their certification, if necessary, the master plans examiner shall ensure coordination of plan reviews from elective plans examiners.
(3) Assist customers at the front counter and on the phone to answer code questions and inquiries regarding interpretations and application of building codes and other related matters to plan review in a professional, courteous, impartial, responsive and cooperative manner; work with owners, architects, engineers and contractors on job requirements and code problems; perform walk-through plan review, expedite plan review process, provide support and/or explain the department’s position in hearings before appeal or court; perform duties of co-workers as assigned.
(4) Complete special projects and other assigned tasks; attend seminars and classes to maintain certification.
(5) Attend pre-development and other meetings with or at the request of Building and Zoning Director.
(6) Meet all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
(7) Complete special projects and other assigned tasks; attend seminars and classes to maintain certifications.
· Bachelor’s Degree in architecture or engineering and two (2) years’ experience in building code compliance, design, construction, or inspection preferred.
· Certified by the Ohio Board of Building Standards as required in division (E) of section 3781.10 of the Revised Code and rule 4101:7-3-01 of the Administrative Code in one or more of plans examiner position. A State of Ohio Master Plans Examiner and Residential Building Official Certifications preferred. Multiple certifications other than preferred noted licensing by the State of Ohio is desirable. Must possess valid Ohio driver’s license, have safe driving record, and be able to access work sites under construction and under difficult conditions
SUBMIT COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org (indicate job title in subject line)
BUTLER COUNTY WILL CONSIDER INTERNAL APPLICANTS PRIOR TO EXTERNAL APPLICANTS. Pursuant to the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Butler County will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Upon the request of any qualified applicant, this office will evaluate any reasonable accommodation that may be needed to enable a disabled person to participate in the application process or perform these essential duties. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com