Website Butler County Commissioners - Job & Family Services
BUTLER COUNTY COMMISSIONERS PERSONNEL OFFICE ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
Posting Date: 8/04/2023
Agency: Department of Job and Family Services
Job Title: Assistant Director
Classified: □ Unclassified: X
Bargaining Unit: Yes □ No X
Overtime Exempt: Yes X No □
Salary: $80,704.00 – $117,020.80
Work Location: 315 High Street Hamilton OH 45011
Hours of Work: M-F, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
1) Assist Executive Director of JFS/CS/Workforce Development to develop and implement agency programs, policies and procedures; evaluate and recommend need for additional or deletion of positions, ensuring division compliance with personnel policies and procedures; create Program Eligibility and Work Support policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulations and establishment of quality control programs; prepare required internal and ODJFS required reports for purpose of evaluating performance of activities; and identify problems experienced or reflecting production statistics for Job and Family Services.
2) Oversee the agency Fraud Unit, Public Assistance Program, OMJ Center and Quality Assurance program; provide strategic leadership and coordinates priorities with the Executive Director of JFS/CS/Workforce Development to improve agency processes and programs; develop and track metrics to evaluate and assess quantity and quality of JFS programs; and develop and maintain a performance measurement system to track and achieve Board of Commissioners objectives to provide quality services, programs and subsidies to qualified recipients in need.
3) Provide direct and indirect supervision over assigned agency personnel activities and determines work policy and standards of performance, e.g., determine need for new staff members, interview applicants and make recommendations for the hiring of new employees, initiate actions for the termination of employees, discipline subordinates, when necessary; update and train staff; review, approve, or deny employee requests for leave; complete performance evaluations of subordinates work; meet with subordinates regarding any grievances; assign duties to workers.
4) Under the direction of, and in collaboration with, the Executive Director of JFS/CS/Workforce Development perform agency-wide public relations duties with community and elected officials; interpret JFS agency policies for the public; respond to and provide resolution of client complaints; and maintain contact with the public and the Board of Commissioners.
5) Under direction of the Executive Director of JFS/CS/Workforce Development, oversee administration, development and coordination of the agency’s fiscal programs and activities; assist with budgetary considerations within the agency; negotiate, develop, prepare and implement plans, agreements, and contracts with the state and other agencies; and carry out cooperative plans of action and collaborative agency programs.
6) Conduct and attend meetings and training sessions; serve as the agency representative on boards and committees; and represent the agency at the state and local levels.
7) Meet all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
• Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following or a related field: business administration, public administration, human services, human resources, psychology, education or finance.
• Four (4) years’ experience in management/administration, and/or,
• Any combination of education, training and/experience equivalent to the above minimum qualifications.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Resumes and Interviews
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org (indicate job title in subject line)
BUTLER COUNTY WILL CONSIDER INTERNAL APPLICANTS PRIOR TO EXTERNAL APPLICANTS. Pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act of 1993, Butler County will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Upon the request of any qualified applicant, this office will evaluate any reasonable accommodation that may be needed to enable a disabled person to participate in the application process or perform these essential duties. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com