Website City of Trenton Ohio
City codes and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Planning and Zoning Administrator. The position of Planning and Zoning Assistant provides the full range code enforcement duties and must act with considerable independence using good judgement. The position reports directly to the Planning and Zoning Administrator. The hours are flexible (possible evenings and weekend hours), and the schedule will be selected by the Planning and Zoning Assistant in consultation with and the approval of the Planning and Zoning Administrator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Investigate, document, and produce written notices of city code violations at the violation address and, via U.S. Mail, produce written notifications of city code violations to the owner of the property of the violation(s).
• Maintain an official daily log of all code enforcement activities.
• Prepare all code enforcement or zoning files to be legally accepted in a court of law and be available to testify and present evidence on such cases.
• Review and produce Zoning Certificates for all applications requiring a zoning certificate that follows the zoning code.
• Attend and represent the city in all Planning Commission meetings and Board of Zoning Appeals meetings. Present the City’s opinion on the compliance of the zoning code in all matters, produce minutes of the meeting to the Secretary of all the associated boards, record, document, preserve, and post the meeting agendas and minutes on the City website for all meetings of the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.
• In the absence of the Planning and Zoning Administrator, be able to perform all duties in said absence or as otherwise directed by the Planning and Zoning Administrator.
Deadline to apply Monday, January 16, 2023 @ 5:00 P.M.
Information available on the City Website:
Position Description are available on the City Website:
Submit application/resume to: Sharon Leichman @ firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit trentonoh.gov.