Website Village of Doylestown
A Village of Values, A Town of Tradition
The Village Administrator is appointed by the Village Council on the basis of his or her executive and administrative qualifications with special reference to his or her actual experience in, or his or her knowledge of, accepted practice in respect to the duties of his or her office as hereinafter set forth. The compensation and other terms of employment of the Village Administrator shall be as established by Council.
The Administrator need not be a resident of the Village but is required by Charter to reside within one (1) hour travel time Village Hall. Must be able to work flexible hours and possess a valid driver’s license. The Administrator shall attend continuing education classes as appropriate to maintain his or her level of knowledge and qualifications.
The Administrator is the chief administrative officer of the Village and he or she shall be responsible to the Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the Village and the enforcement of all laws and ordinances. He or she shall manage all divisions of the Village government. Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Appointing and removing officers and employees of the Village in conformance with the provisions of the Charter.
2. Preparing and submitting the annual budget to Village Council in conjunction with the Fiscal Officer, and administering the budget adopted by the Council.
3. Preparing and submitting, in conjunction with the Fiscal Officer, an annual report on the financial and administrative activities of the Village for the preceding year.
4. Submitting to Council, in conjunction with the Fiscal Officer, a monthly report showing the condition of all funds.
5. Appointing citizen advisory committees, other than those provided by the Charter, as desirable and discharging them when their function has been completely served.
6. Attending all regular and special meetings of Village Council.
7. Attending meetings of other Boards and Commissions necessary.
8. Recommending legislation for adoption by Village Council.
9. Signing all contracts, bonds, notes, and certificates of indebtedness on behalf of the Village.
10. Performing such other duties and have such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by Council.
11. Implementing the polices established by Village Council.
Required skills include:
1. Knowledge of the practices, principals and polices of municipal government.
2. Familiarity with computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, and scheduling.
3. Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
4. Ability to build relationships and consensus among varying constituencies.
5. Ability to make public presentations and speeches.
6. Negotiation experience to resolve complex and sensitive problems.
7. Time management and organizational skills.
To apply for this job email your details to KRISTEN@DOYLESTOWN.COM