Website Butler County Board of Commissioners
BUTLER COUNTY COMMISSIONERS PERSONNEL OFFICE ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
Posting Date: 08/04/2023
Agency: Butler County Board of Commissioners
Job Title: Human Resources Officer III
Classified: □ Unclassified: X
Bargaining Unit: Yes □ No X
Overtime Exempt: Yes x No □
Salary: $67,038.40 – $97,198.40
Work Location: 315 High Street, Hamilton, OH 45011
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm
• Assist Departments including but not limited to the application, management, and implementation of systems for human resources information and business modules, payroll, and benefit administration and other departmental functions; utilize County-wide systems to develop, maintain and support efficient, effective, systematic and accurate data across programs; collect, compile, analyze, and trend human resources metrics and data from a variety of sources including payroll outputs, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, benchmarks, and other sources.
• Perform, develop, and lead projects of a specialized and specific nature relating to human resources functions, as directed by the Human Resources Director, such as compensation, compliance, employee development and talent acquisition; may present information and conclusions to stakeholders; develop policies and standard operating procedures for Human Resources Business System Applications; and develop, update, and interpret Human Resources policies and procedures countywide.
• Recommend new hires, conduct reference checks, and make employment offers; administer point-factoring system for departments under the Commissioners’ Appointing Authority; write, maintain, and amend, when necessary, position descriptions; conduct, process and track requests for job audits; approve pay actions in accordance with applicable personnel policies and collective bargaining agreements; possess extensive knowledge of payroll processing systems and procedures in order to train and answer questions from those processing payroll on a bi-weekly basis; possess working knowledge of the County Benefits structure to assist in Open Enrollment and administrative functions as necessary; prepare and interpret statistical reports pertaining to hiring, termination, promotion, compensation, payroll, benefits, and budgets as requested; prepare and/or assist with the annual personnel budget in compliance with applicable personnel policies and collective bargaining agreements; provide advice and consultation to other departments and elected officials on hiring, payroll, and compensation matters as needed; identify and resolve Human Resources problems/issues.
• Possess a working knowledge of Personnel Policies and Collective Bargaining Agreements as applicable to hiring, termination, promotion, compensation, payroll, benefits, personnel budget, etc. and apply such knowledge to everyday practice; participate as a member of the management bargaining team during negotiations, when assigned, and assist in developing strategy and proposals during the negotiation process; administer grievance and arbitration process for departments under the Commissioners’ Appointing Authority; and participate in interpreting collective bargaining agreements and in resolving labor agreement grievances and unfair labor practices charges.
• Develop, implement, maintain and manage an effective performance appraisal system and companion pay for performance system for departments within the Commissioners’ Appointing Authority; educate supervisors and staff on such systems and forms; coordinate and monitor the
performance appraisal process; and ensure that employees within the authority of the County Commissioners perform work in accordance with established procedures and methods.
• Provide technical advice on personnel matters to Butler County Departments and Appointing Authorities; provide support on Human Resources functions (e.g., employee recruitment, interviewing and section of job applicants, discipline, pay assignments, grievances or employee complaints, etc.); provide advice and consultation to other departments and Elected Officials on disciplinary issues; advise County Departments and Agencies of Board of Commissioners’ policies and procedures; and provide human resources assistance to identify training needs, schedule and perform human resource training as needed.
• Meet all safety requirement and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in field relevant to performing the essential functions of the position; and
• Five (5) or more years relevant work experience in business administration, human resources, or related field; or
• Education, training and/or experience in an amount equal to the minimum qualifications stated above
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Resumes and Interviews
SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: email@example.com (indicate job title in subject line)
BUTLER COUNTY WILL CONSIDER INTERNAL APPLICANTS PRIOR TO EXTERNAL APPLICANTS. Pursuant to the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Butler County will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Upon the request of any qualified applicant, this office will evaluate any reasonable accommodation that may be needed to enable a disabled person to participate in the application process or perform these essential duties. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org