OCMA Mission and Vision
To promote excellence in local government management and encourage personal and professional growth of local government administrators.
OCMA is the leading organization in the State of Ohio promoting and developing excellence in local government. OCMA supports its members through professional development programs, member services, promoting high ethical standards, and networking with other professional organizations to achieve excellence in government.
The OCMA goals affirmed February 2012 by the membership are:
- Articulate and develop the value proposition of OCMA membership
- Consistent with OCMA’s mission and vision, the association will embrace opportunities to support local efforts related to professional local government management. This includes identifying opportunities for involvement and initiating a response to communicate the benefits of professional local government management
- Evaluate current communication strategies against other opportunities that will increase the frequency and usefulness of information shared with OCMA members
- Grow the number of OCMA dues-paying members
- Host summit of local government associations to secure the future of local government in Ohio
- Strengthen relationships with universities
- Successful implementation of the Friends of OCMA Corporate Partners program