Website City of Lebanon
Reimagine your career and make a local impact with a job working for the City of Lebanon! The City of Lebanon is accepting applications for the position of Deputy City Manager. The Deputy City Manager will join the City Manager and the leadership team in implementing City Council’s policies and providing strategic direction and oversight of City departments and functions. The Deputy City Manager reports directly to the City Manager, and acts on behalf of the City Manager when assigned. The Deputy City Manager will exercise general administrative, decision making and policy oversight of assigned departments.
The City of Lebanon is seeking a forward-thinking leader with strong collaborative, management and decision-making skills to join its leadership team. Lebanon is a full-service municipality that provides public safety, economic development, roadway and utility infrastructure development and management, and parks and recreational services to our community in addition to core internal services such as planning, zoning, engineering, and finance support. Specific departmental assignments and responsibilities of this position will be determined based on the background and strengths of the successful candidates and those of the existing executive team.
Proven leaders with experience in any and all areas of municipal government are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates must be people-focused and results oriented while exemplifying the City’s organizational values of Citizen Service, Collaboration, Integrity, Quality, Stewardship, Innovation and Communication. The successful candidate will be expected to provide strong leadership with a focus on quality, the ability to bring ideas to life, the ability to establish effective community relationships and networks, and the ability to inspire others, all in a culture of trust, accountability and transparency. As the City continues to grow, managing the balance between economic development, quality of life, infrastructure and community identity will be a focus of the position.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree; a master’s degree is preferred.
• Salary Range: $110,000 – 140,000
• Public Employees Retirement System: 14 percent contribution by the City of Lebanon, 10 percent by employee. Deferred compensation available.
• Longevity Pay Program starting at five (5) years of
• Medical insurance cost share savings dependent on voluntary participation in Employee Wellness Program.
• Dental and vision insurance available.
• Excellent vacation and sick leave benefits
• College reimbursement program eligibility after successful completion of the probationary period.
BENEFITS PROFILE: EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAM
• Lebanon earned the title of the Healthiest Employer in the region for the 150-499 Employee Category, and a spot on the Healthiest 100 Workplaces Nationally.
• Ability to earn discount on health insurance and an additional personal day based on voluntary participation.
• Bi-monthly wellness seminars.
• Free employee fitness classes.
• Countryside YMCA Membership Discount: All full-time and part-time employees are eligible for a 40 percent discount on a YMCA membership.
• Gym Membership/Personal Training Reimbursement: All full-time employees are eligible to be reimbursed up to $350 per year in expenses from a gym or personal training business of your choice.
• Nutrition coaching offered by a registered dietitian with the Warren County Health District.
• Individual and team wellness challenges throughout the year.
ABOUT THE CITY OF LEBANON, OHIO
The City of Lebanon is located in the heart of one of the fastest growing counties in the state, and is supported by an excellent school system, reasonable tax and utility rates, and an outstanding quality of life. The City of Lebanon is a full-service municipality that provides water, sewer and electric utility service to residents and businesses. The City’s annual operating budget is over $120 million, and the City has an experienced and stable leadership team.
Lebanon is conveniently located midway between the Cincinnati and Dayton metropolitan areas. Two major interstate highways are readily accessible including I-75, located seven miles west of the City, and 1-71, which borders the City to the south. The community is also served by county and state highways, including Routes 48 and 42, which run north and south, and Routes 63 and 123, which run east and west. This central location offers convenient access to a wide range of regional amenities, attractions and services in nearby metropolitan areas.
Lebanon is home to a historic downtown that offers a diverse and eclectic mix of the old and new, with both traditional and progressive businesses, all within a leisurely walk. The tree-lined streets and inviting storefronts are bursting with charm and offer a quaint village atmosphere filled with the finest establishments:
creative specialty shops, charming antique stores, modern services, delightful dining options, festive special events and more.
The City is focused on quality business growth within our community. Over 80 acres have been recently annexed into the City in the business park to support this continued business growth. Over the past two years, there has been $111.4 million in private and public development investment in our community. Additionally, the City has a progressive small business grant program to support the many outstanding local small businesses within Lebanon.
Residents have outstanding recreational opportunities through the Lebanon Parks System which is comprised of 17 unique parks that cover over 700 acres and boasts over 10 miles of trails.
Lebanon takes pride in offering residents healthy lifestyle options with a local farmers market, farm to table restaurants, community wellness challenges, free fitness classes in Lebanon Parks and an annual Healthy Living Market. The City prioritizes community and employee wellness, and has been awarded the “Healthiest Employer of Ohio” recognition in 2022 and 2023.
For more information about the City of Lebanon, please visit lebanonohio.gov.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com