Full-Time Deputy Fire Chief
Website City of Moraine
The City of Moraine Fire Division is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Fire Chief.
The Deputy Fire Chief reports directly to the Fire Chief. The Deputy Fire Chief position is a leadership position and directly supervises Fire Lieutenants and other staff indirectly through subordinate officers. The position performs a variety of administrative, supervisory, and technical work in the supervision and administration of fire suppression, emergency aid, hazardous materials, fire investigation, and fire prevention activities.
Moraine Fire Division is a proud and progressive division that places heavy emphasis on training and public service. Our department averages over 3,000 incidents a year. We cover an area 9.5 square miles that include an airpark, two major rail services, a major highway, a major state route and the Miami River. The MFD is a two-time, winner of the Miami Valley Fire EMS Council “Customer Service” of the year award.
Deputy Fire Chief $86,861-$105,685
- Ohio Police and Fire Pension
- Annual Uniform Allowance
- Longevity Leave payment available starting after 10 years of service to the City
- Flex Time available in place of overtime worked – Overtime paid for working City holidays
- Holidays: 11 paid City holidays
- Vacation Leave: 2-4 weeks per year
- Additional Longevity Vacation Leave available after 4 years of service to the City (up to 96 hours)
- Annual Wellness Incentive
- Sick Leave: 168 hours accrued per year (Sick Leave Conversion for Vacation Leave available)
Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- No employee contributions (City Paid) for comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans that includes preventative services
- PPO health plan with low deductibles ($200 Single / $400 Family)$4,800 per year incentive for waiving coverage
- $50,000 Term Life Insurance Policy paid by the City (includes Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Fire Science, Public Administration or a closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience and seven years of experience in fire and emergency medical service work, seven years as a Paramedic, three years of which must have been equivalent to fire lieutenant or higher.
- Completion of the Fire Basic Training Academy or equivalent course, or completion of 200-hour (2A) State of Ohio Fire Fighting Certificate, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of a leadership/supervisor training program.
- Ability to train and supervise subordinate personnel, and exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
- Ability to inspire cooperation and confidence in others. Role model for leadership (daily operations, fireground, divisional rules and regulations)
- Extensive knowledge of modern fire suppression, prevention, and investigation principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings
- Possess valid Ohio state driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit ci.moraine.oh.us.