Human Resources Manager
Website City of Riverside
The City of Riverside seeks energetic, service-oriented applicants for a full-time Human Resources Manager position. Under the direction of the City Manager, the Human Resources Manager provides and coordinates comprehensive generalist HR support for the City organization, including but not limited to:
· Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Strategies
· Benefits Administration
· Workers’ Compensation
· FMLA/Leave Coordination
· Maintenance of the Classification/Compensation System
· Recruitment and Retention
· Policy and Procedure Development and Oversight
· Personnel Budgeting and Forecasting
· Labor Relations
· Employee Safety
· Employee Training and Professional Development
· Compliance with Records Requirements and Regulations
The Human Resources Manager will work with the City Manager, Department Heads, and contracted support staff to provide these services to approximately 105 full- and part-time personnel currently employed by the City.
The Human Resources Manager will be empowered with a significant degree of discretion and management authority to review current practices, recommend changes, and implement new policies and procedures. Candidates who are passionate about quality service delivery and who can successfully manage complex projects will have tremendous opportunities to make a lasting impact on the City. Projects that will be assigned to the Human Resources Manager include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting with the creation of a diverse, team-oriented culture across all City departments
· Implementing and managing a newly revised classification/compensation system
· Participating in upcoming labor negotiations with the City’s collective bargaining units (Service, Police Officers, Police Sergeants, Fire)
· Reviewing and revising the City’s personnel and administrative policy manuals
· Working with Finance staff to streamline and revise HR billing and accounting processes
· Reviewing the City’s existing recruitment process, recommending changes, and implementing those changes
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $90,000 annually. Starting salary is dependent on qualifications. The City is currently revising its classification and compensation system, and expects to adopt new ranges and implement necessary pay adjustments mid-2023. The City offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, and pension; sick and vacation leave; 13 paid holidays; and 3 personal leave days each year.
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, or a related field is required. Prior local government experience is preferred.
Interested applicants should provide a letter of interest and resume to Josh Rauch, City Manager. First review of applications will occur after Friday, May 5, 2023. This position is open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org